On to the events...
Thursday, April 18th
- Beerocracy kicks off its four day long celebration of barrel aged beers starting at 4 pm. Every day between now and Sunday they will be releasing special, barrel-aged, beers from some of the biggest names in craft brewing. The release schedule can be found on their Facebook.
- Bottles is having a release party for Lagunitas Brewing's The Waldos' Special Ale from 6 to 9 pm. This beer is apparently very "botanical" and "dank" which could probably put you in the mood for whatever else you may be celebrating later in the weekend (possibly on Saturday?) Facebook.
- McClain's Pizzeria is hosting pint night featuring beers from Ellensburg's Iron Horse Brewing from 6 to 8 pm. Facebook.
Friday, April 19th
- Post Falls Brewing is celebrating their 3rd anniversary with a weekend-long party at their tap house starting at noon. There will be special beer releases, live music, food trucks and lots of fun. Full details can be found on Facebook.
- 12 String Brewing is celebrating the release of their very first pilsner from noon to 10 pm. Facebook.
- Badass Backyard Brewing is looking for help in naming one of their newest creations. From 2 to 9 pm, they will have this unnamed beer on tap for 4-oz samples. After you sample you will attempt to guess as many of the beers' qualities as you can. The person with the best guess wins. Facebook.
- Friday is also the start of the Spokane Home and Garden Expo, which is not something I'd normally post about, but from 5 to 8 pm they will be hosting a Barrel and Brews event. Several local breweries will be on hand your ticket gets you 5 sample tokens, a commemorative tasting glass and access to the rest of the home and garden expo. Facebook.
Saturday April 20th
- Westwood Brewing in Rathdrum, ID is having a party to celebrate their 2nd anniversary starting at 11 am. The event will feature live music, giveaways and a special menu. Facebook.
- Precious Thing Fermentation Project is the name of Spokane's newest nano brewery and they will be officially opening their doors at 2 pm. Please note that because they are so small, they are requesting that folks message them before heading over to ensure that there is room (and parking) for everyone. Facebook.