We've got lots of great events this weekend, especially if you own a good pair of lederhosen. Oktoberfest celebrations have arrived. As always, hit me up with any thoughts, omissions, praise, etc. either here or on FB, Twitter and Instagram. Prost, folks!
Thursday, September 27th
- Iron Goat Brewing has been celebrating Oktoberfest all week and the festivities run all the way through Sunday. They've released two Oktoberfest beers, a märzen and a bock, and are doing a special menu featuring German-inspired fare. I stopped by last night and I can confirm it was delicious. Facebook.
- Perry Street Brewing is celebrating both Oktoberfest and fresh hop season this weekend with their annual Hoptoberfest celebration. The event kicks off at 2 pm, runs through Friday night, and will feature special release beers, German food and other fun. Facebook.
- Bellwether has two different, pilsen-inspired lagers as part of their "Sainted" release this week honoring St. Wenceslas and St. Matthew. Facebook.
- Big Barn Brewing in Mead is holding a fundraiser for the Boys and Girls Clubs of Spokane County from 4 to 8 pm out in their, uh, big barn. The all-ages event will feature food from Big Gun BBQ as well as music, games and raffle prizes. Facebook.
- The Pacific Northwest chapter of the American Water Works Association, a non-profit organization that works to improve water quality and supply in the Northwest and all over the world, is hosting their 4th annual "No Water No Beer" event at Overbluff Cellars in downtown Spokane from 6 to 9 pm. Several local breweries will be pouring and there will be food from the always great Santé restaurant group. The event also features a silent auction and other opportunities to help this organization. Tickets are $45. Facebook.
Friday, September 28th
- Bellwether is turning 3 years old this weekend and is celebrating with even more special beer releases. Starting at 3, they will be pouring 5 different variation of the same base beer with each one containing different ingredients from their own backyard gardens. Congrats on three years! Facebook.
- If you're still looking for Oktoberfest celebrations in the area, Spokane Centerplace Event Center in the Spokane Valley is holding a weekend-long celebration featuring beer, food, two stages of music, even wiener dog races. The event kicks off at 4 and runs through Sunday. Facebook.
- Boise's Payette Brewing is having at tap takeover at the Newport Growler Guys starting at 6 pm. Instagram.
- Riverfront Park is hosting the final Friday Night Flight event of season and it features cider this time, from One Tree Cider House. Facebook.
Saturday, September 29th
- Bellwether is having their official 3 year anniversary party with a special release of their flagship Braggot, Seawolf, that has been aged in Gin Barrels from Dry Fly. There will be march giveaways throughout the day and other fun activities. 1 to 10 pm. Facebook.
- MickDuff's Brewing in Sandpoint is hosting their own Hoptoberfest starting at 11 am and it will feature flights of both fresh hop and Oktoberfest beers, live music and food trucks. 21+ after 7 pm. Facebook.
Sunday, September 30th
- The 3rd annual "Boobs n' Beer 5k Fun Run" sponsored by 7B Women and MickDuff's Brewing is taking place starting at 11 am in Sandpoint. This event will raise money for cancer charities in the area. The run will take place along the Sand Creek Trail and will finish with a family friendly Oktoberfest at MickDuff's Brewing that will includes food trucks and games for kids. Early registration is $40 for adults (includes the run and a beer) and $10 for kids 12 and under. Facebook.