Before we get to it, I posted this article from the Spokesman-Review on Facebook the other day, but if you missed it, Post Fall's Selkirk Abbey is merging operations with Spokane up-and-comer The Hidden Mother Brewery. The partnership will allow The Hidden Mother to increase their production and get Selkirk closer to their brewing capacity at their rather large facility. Both breweries are extremely well respected locally and brew complimentary styles without much overlap, so the partnership should greatly benefit both. I'm looking forward to seeing how it all shakes out. Best of luck!
Anyway, on the the events...
Thursday, April 25th
- Bellwether is celebrating the Spring by releasing the aged version of their annual garden beer, "Gru-it Ourselves." 3 to 9 pm. Facebook.
- The CD'A Growler Guys is hosting a blood drive where every donor will receive a $5 pint voucher from 3:30 to 5:45. They request that you call to reserve your spot. Facebook.
Friday, April 26th
- Steady Flow is hosting their next brewery battle and moving it to their Spokane Valley location. Come out and see if defending champ Humble Abode Brewing can hold off their challenger, Genus Brewing. They have also extended this to a weekend long affair so stop in to try the blind sampler, vote for your favorite before Sunday evening. Facebook.
Saturday, April 27th
- Spokane Young Life, a local non-profit that supports teen mothers, is hosting their annual Micros for Mama's fundraiser at Felts Field. Your $45 donation gets you samples from several local breweries, food and a live auction. Tickets can be purchased online. Facebook.
- If anyone is up for a bit of a road trip, the 3rd Annual Tri-Cities Craft Beer Festival is happening from noon to 6 pm at the Southridge Sports and Events Complex. More than 30 breweries will be on hand, including several that don't make their way over to Spokane very often. I went to the festival last year and had a great time. While you're there, make a weekend of it and visit some of the great Tri-Cities breweries like White Bluffs, Ice Harbor, and Atomic Ales. Facebook.
Sunday, April 28th
- The awards ceremony for the Steady Flow Brewery Battle will take place starting at 5 pm. Reps from both breweries will be on hand to hang out and talk beer and the winner will be announced at 7 pm. Facebook.