Thursday, January 31st
- One of Dogfish Head's brewers will be in the area this weekend and The Filling Station on 5th in CD'A is welcoming him for an event featuring some special beers and a chat about brewing techniques and Dogfish Head in general. 6 to 8 pm. Facebook.
- The Growler Guys in CD'A is hosting a tap takeover from Boise's Payette Brewing from 6 to 8 pm. Their rep will be in the house with some special beers and probably some swag. Facebook.
Friday, February 1st
- River City Brewing is holding an extra special First Friday garage party to Celebrate their 5th anniversary. Special anniversary beers will be on tap, along with music art and food. Happy anniversary, folks!!! 4 to 10 pm. Facebook.
- Bellwether is hosting their 3rd annual GruitFest from 3 to 10 pm. Gruit is an ancient type of ale that is generally bittered by herbal and spice blends rather than hops. This was the primary beer style in Europe well into the 15th century, before it fell out of favor due to German beer purity laws and a bunch of fun-hating religious types. This article is worth a read if you're interested in learning more. Anyway, as one of the only breweries in the state (and probably the country) to heavily specialize in ancient ales, Bellwether is uniquely qualified to host this event which will feature special brews from them and from other breweries around the area including Whistle Punk, Genus, The Grain Shed, Young Buck, Mountain Lakes and more. Tickets start at $15 for 5, 5-oz pours and a commemorative glass. Facebook.
- Chewelah's Quartzite Brewing Co. is releasing the latest edition of their Brown's Lake brown ale. $1 from each pint sold will be donated to the Brown's Lake Recreation Association, a non-profit that works to improve Brown's Lake in Chewelah. 3 to 9 pm. Facebook.
- Bon Bon - the bar attached to the old Garland Theater is celebrating First Friday with a tap takeover from Oregon's Ordinance Brewing. They will also be hosting art from a couple local artists and Bingo starting at 8pm. Facebook.
Sunday, February 3rd
- As you may know, there is a rather large football game happening on Sunday. From what I can see, pretty much every brewery and beer bar in the area that has TVs will be hosting some special event for the Super Bowl. There are too many to name here, but consider this your invitation to head to your favorite spot to enjoy the game and delicious beer. Kickoff is right about 3 pm. Facebook/IG/Twitter can provide full details to help plan your day.
Wednesday, February 6th
- Bellwether is hosting a pint night to benefit the Friends of the Centennial Trail. $1 of each pint sold from 5 to 9 pm will be donated to benefit improvements to the Centennial Trail. Facebook.