Thursday, September 20th
- Mountain Lakes Brewing is celebrating the beginning of the WABL Inland NW Craft Beer Festival with $3 pints from 3 to 6 pm. Just a heads up that their the tap room will be closed on Friday and Saturday while the boys are out pouring at the festival.
Friday, September 21st
- As I mentioned above, this weekend is the Washington Beer Lovers Association's Inland NW Craft Beer Festival at Avista Stadium. This is one of the largest beer festivals in the area, with 42 breweries pouring over 180 beers. There will be a lot of heavy hitters from the West Side making their way over here for the event, so you'll get a chance to sample a lot of stuff that may only be around once a year. Check out the beer list, it's... large. Tickets are $20 in advance (more at the door) and include a commemorative sample glass and six, 5-oz tasters. The event runs on Friday from 4 to 9 pm. Please note that this event is 21 and over on Friday night. For more info and tickets check out Facebook.
Also, while you're there, I highly recommend signing up to join the Washington Beer Lovers Association. Paid members will get extra sample tokens and access to a members only beer. I'm a huge fan of their passport program which lets you check-in at craft breweries across the State and earn rewards for the more you visit. WABL reps will be on hand to answer questions.
- Downtown Coeur d'Alene is hosting an Oktoberfest from 4 to 9 pm. There will be 30+ beers and ciders on tap, live music, food and fun. Tickets are $25 and include a commemorative glass and eight, 4-oz tasters or two full beers. Keep in mind you can dress up in a lederhosen or dirndl and receive a free meal ticket. Facebook.
- Friday Night Flights in back from 5 to 8 pm in Riverfront Park and features beers from both Iron Goat and No-Li this week. Facebook.
Saturday, September 22
- The Inland NW Craft Beer Festival continues from noon to 6 pm. In addition to the beer, Saturday is an all-ages event and there will be a special kids area with games and attractions. Facebook.
- Oktoberfest in downtown CD'A is also back from noon to 9 pm. Facebook.
- Badass Backyard Brewing is hosting Sour Saturday, featuring 5 sour beers in their tap room from noon to 9 pm. Facebook.
- Top Frog Brewing in Newport is holding an "End of Summer Bash" starting at 2 pm, featuring beer, and live music. They've got some artists scheduled to perform but are also encouraging any musicians who want to play to come on out. Facebook.
- Today is also the first day of the Green Bluff Harvest Festival which runs through October 28th. In addition to the festivities, there are several great places to check out and sample while you're in the area, including 238 Brewing, Big Barn Brewing and Hierophant Meadery. They may be hosting special events throughout the 5 weeks of the festival (I'll be keeping an eye on it) but even if they aren't, they are definitely worth the trip.